Saturday, September 1, 2012

Some Pictures from Around the City

Here's a little slice of the city so you all can see some of the sights... Enjoy! 

At EdgeFest they had a "Before I die" board.  It was pretty full
when we got there so we didn't add to it, but here's what it looked like.  


One of the neat things about Chicago is that you can be
at a beach but still have a view of the skyline - a cool way to have
a bit of both worlds.


A shot of the bright lights downtown.  This area is nice to walk around ,
and sometimes we catch a bus right near here to get to Navy Pier.


One day when we were in the city a group of us splurged on some "Sprinkles"
cupcakes.  It was my first time trying them, and I would definitely say they
were worth the wait and the price.



The Ferris Wheel at Navy Pier is really pretty when it's lit up at night.



In the summer there are fireworks on Wednesday and Saturday nights.
I managed to make it there twice to see them, and they were
very well done.  One of many great free events in the city :)



This past Friday I got to go to my first ever professional baseball game.
My coworkers and I got free tickets to see the Cubs play the Giants at Wrigley Field.
It was a very warm summer afternoon but still a great experience.



The Cubs won the game!! (Which I understand to be a rarity...)


 That's just a little taste of some of the places I have seen and explored.  Hopefully there will be much more to come throughout the year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment